Institute of biology and ecology - a multidisciplinary Institute of Vladimir State University, on the basis of which the multi-level training, retraining and advanced training of highly qualified personnel for the implementation of social and economic development of the region, as well as carrying out research and development (both regional and federal programs) and research on the orders of enterprises.
The Institute consists of three departments: biology, ecology, soil science, and chemistry.
The objectives of the Institute are:
- Satisfaction of needs of the individual in intellectual, cultural and professional development by means of higher and postgraduate education in the field of natural sciences;
- The development of science, research and development of scientific and pedagogical workers, doctoral students, graduate students, applicants and students in the natural sciences;
- The development of educational and scientific contacts with educational and scientific organizations and collectives of Vladimir region, other regions of Russia and foreign countries;
- Training, retraining and advanced training of specialists and executives in the field of natural sciences.
Types of activities of the Institute:
- The provision of educational services;
- Scientific-methodical, research and applied research;
- Implementation of custom research projects, providing educational, advisory and other services;
- Organizing and conducting competitions, contests, scientific schools, seminars, conferences, etc .;
- Dissemination of scientific and pedagogical knowledge and results in the field of natural sciences, including through the media;
- The organization of training of scientific and scientific-pedagogical staff in the field of natural sciences;
- The publication and implementation of scientific, methodical and educational literature, manuals, guides and other publications, including electronic.